Landsbanki Guernsey Crisis & Geir Haarde's Inaction
Landsbanki

Geir Haarde is the Prime Minister of Iceland. His government have nationlised three Icelandic banks in Iceland; the Landsbanki parent company of the various Landsbankis overseas being one of them.

Landsbanki Iceland was guarantor of Landsbanki Guernsey. Landsbanki Guernsey was recently put into administration and the parent company guarantee is the only legal guarantee the 2033 savers with 211 Million invested had.

Despite Icelands financial woes (and the Icelandic Kronor having about the same value as the Zimbabwean Dollar of late), the fact remains that the Icelandic government is now the owner of Landsbanki. Any reasonable person would assume that they - as new owners and guarantors - assume full responsibility for any shortfall the administrators of Landsbanki Guernsey are unable to liquidate.

Up to now, the administrator of Landsbanki Guernsey has made available 30% of savers deposits. There is no guarantee of any further payments forthcoming, and in any event, any further payments may not total the remaining 70%.

Landsbanki Guernsey savers have no wish to effectively loan money to the Iceland government. We want our money back Mr Haarde. Where is it? You may claim Gordon Brown has stolen a lump of it through the possibly shady goings on with the Heritable bank, all well and good, take him to international court.

Geir Haarde has recently gone cap in hand to Russia and the IMF hoping for a bail out. We seek assurance that Geir Haarde will be making provision for - or at least provisionally clarifying his position to - the Landsbanki Guernsey savers who trusted the guarantee of Landsbanki Iceland - the bank you nationalised.

Mr Haarde - will you be guaranteeing depositor protection for Landsbanki Guernsey depositors?

Landsbanki
Media: Please contact Geir Haarde (or his PA Urdur on +3548649974) and ask him if the Icelandic government, as the new owners of Landsbanki Iceland, will be honouring the guarantee given by the bank to the Landsbanki Guernsey savers.
Navigate This Site
Landsbanki

Copyright Open - The Media Can Use Any Content From This Site